18 October, 2010

My Review of Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad - Regular

Originally submitted at REI

This insulated Big Agnes pad is so light you'll never tire of carrying it, and so comfortable you may need an alarm clock!


Excellent sleeping pad!

By SerenityCheck from Phoenix, Arizona on 10/18/2010

 

5out of 5

Pros: Durable, Warm, Packs Easily, Easy To Inflate, Lightweight, Comfortable

Cons: Slips Easily

Best Uses: Backpacking, Winter Camping, 4 Season Camping, Cold Conditions

Describe Yourself: Casual/ Recreational

What Is Your Gear Style: Comfort Driven

Was this a gift?: No

This being my first pad since being in the boy scouts almost 10 years ago I don't have a lot to compare to, however I can tell you that I am very pleased with this pad! I got two, one for my wife and one for myself. I'm a very light sleeper and comfort is high on my priority list, that being said, this pad is not only comfortable but warm, durable, fairly lightweight (especially for it's thickness), and it's pretty easy to inflate.

My biggest concern with this being an inflatable air pad was that it wouldn't be warm enough, let me tell you, that's NOT the case. It's almost too warm!

(legalese)

No comments: