13 July, 2010

I can't wait

I'm getting really trunky for my backpacking trip to the Olympic National Park! My beautiful wife and I are going to be driving up the coast starting on Saturday. It's going to take about 24 hours to get there (spanned over two days) but if you ask me, the drive is half the fun. We've got a few audio books we're planning to listen to, and just the fact that we're going to be leaving the heat will make the drive well worth it.

We're going to be taking these trails:

It's in the Hoh rain forest, which is one of the few natural rain forests in the US.

My wife and I fell in love with the area last year when we took a vacation to Seattle. We did a really nerdy thing and camped in La Push and toured Forks. The scenery was amazing and the air was fresher than anything I've ever inhaled in my life! We decided right then-and-there that next year we were going to come back and do some deeper camping. So here we are just a few days away from a backpacking trip that I've been planning for over a year, I can hardly stand the wait!

I'll update my blog with pictures and stories when I get back, so stayed tuned...

No comments: